Tuesday 11 November 2008

Inspiration!


Hello everyone! I don't know who's doing well/ being productive, but I'm certainly not. Damn you, artists block. So, in the name of productivity (ironically, posted out of procrastination) I give you Nike of Samothrace, which in my opinion is the most beautiful piece of artwork ever created, and forever my favorite above all else. I know we have a copy in the Sculpture court, but as she is shoved haphazardly under an arch in the corner I don't think people really appreciate how spectacular she really is.

2 comments:

Lizzy Stewart said...

yay! this is definitely my favourite piece of classical sculpture. I totally freaked out when i saw it in the louvre a few years ago. even without a head she looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

yes i agree, very beautiful